Marley And Me 《马利和我》
-John: You know, there's nothing like the experience,
experience: 经历,经验
你知道吗,第一次养狗,
of raising your first dog.
raise: 抚养
是无与伦比的经历。
Simple joy of walking side by side,
joy: 快乐 side by side: 肩并肩,一起
在野外和你的小兄弟,
with your buddy out in the fresh air,
汽车抛锚in the fresh air: 在户外,在野外
一起散步,
throwing a stick.
stick: 木棒
扔扔小木棒让它捡,
Spending some quiet time just you and your very best friend.
跟你的死党安静的打发时间,都是纯粹的快乐。
Of course, that wasn't my experience.
当然,这不是我的经历,
That kid's not even me.
这个孩子也不是我。
That's me, and that crazy hound I'm chasing is Marley,
hound: 猎犬 chase: 追赶
这才是我,我追着的那只疯狗就是Marley。
the world's worst dog.
世上最糟糕的狗。
Sorry!
抱歉!
Or so I thought.
至少我是这么想的。
Marley!
Marley!
But our story begins before Marley was born
但我们的故事在Marley出生四年前就开始了。
Four years before, on my wedding day,
四年前,我婚礼的那天,
which also happened to be,
happen to be: 碰巧是
也碰巧是,
the day of the worst freak spring blizzard in the history of southern Michigan.
freak: 怪异的,奇异的 blizzard: 暴风雪
春季暴风雪最严重的那一天,在southern Michigan史上。
Same day our car broke down. We didn't care.
break down: 汽车抛锚
那天我们的车抛了锚,我们倒是不在意。
-Jenny: Ooh. God, that feels so good.
噢,天哪!感觉太棒了。
Wow. So, what do you think…
哇!那你觉得,
What do you think that means…a blizzard on your wedding day?
blizzard: 暴风雪
我们新婚之际下这么厉害的暴风雪意味着什么?
Is that good luck? Is that bad luck?
是好运还是厄运?
I think I think it's good luck.
我觉得……我觉得是好运。
-John: How did I get you?
我是怎么娶到你的啊?
-Jenny: What?
什么?
-John: No, honestly. How did I how did I get that lucky?
honestly: 坦白地,诚实地
不是,我说真的,我怎么会这么幸运啊?
-Jenny: Well, you know,
呃,你知道么,
I get asked that question all the time.
这个问题我经常被问到。
Come on.
得了吧!
Are you kidding, honey?
你是在开玩笑吧,亲爱的?
You're part of the plan.
你是我计划的一部分呀。
-John: The plan?
你的计划?
-Jenny: Mm-hmm. My plan. Step one:
是啊。我的计划第一步:
Meet an incredibly sweet, smart, sexy man.
incredibly: 难以置信地 smart: 聪明的
遇上一个超级会疼人的聪明的性感的男人。
-John: Done. Step two?
完成了。第二步呢?
-Jenny: Marry you instead.
instead: 代替,反而
没有嫁给那个人反而嫁给了你。
Oh, now, and step three…
step: 步骤
噢。现在,还有第三步……
You don't wanna hear step three?
wanna: =want to,想
你不想听第三步是什么吗?
-John: No, I don't think I can take any more steps.
take: 遭受,承受
我觉得我承受不住下面的步骤了。
Yeah. What's step three?
好吧,第三步是什么?
-Jenny: It's easy.
很简单。
-John: Be gentle.
gentle: 温柔的,温和的
仁慈点吧。
-Jenny: Move someplace warmer.
搬到暖和点的地方去。
-John: I knew you were gonna say that.
gonna: =going to,将要
我就知道你要说这个的。
“Shiny, happy people laughing”
“快乐的人们灿烂的笑”
“Meet me in the crowd”
“在人里到我”
“People, people”
“人们啊人们”
“Throw your love around”
“慷慨献出你的爱”
“Love me, love me”
“爱我爱我”
“Take it into town”
“把爱带进小镇”
“Happy, happy”
“快乐快乐”
“Put it in the ground”
“把爱埋进土壤”
“Where the flowers grow”
“就在鲜花绽放的地方”
“Gold and silver shine”
“闪着出金银的光芒”
“Shiny, happy people holding hands”
“闪亮着,快乐的人们手牵手”
“Shiny, happy people”
“闪亮着,快乐的人们”
-John: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Jenny: All right.
不客气。
You know you got this, right?
你知道这工作已经是囊中之物了,对吧?
-John: Oh, yeah. I got it.
是啊,我能搞定的。
-Jenny: Who are you?
你是谁?
-
John: I'm John Grogan?
我是John Grogan啊。
-Jenny: No, you're John Frigging Grogan,
不,你是John Frigging Grogan,
who's about to get a job as
reporter: 记者
你马上就要成为这家
for a major metropolitan newspaper.
major: 主要的 metropolitan: 大都市的
都市主流报社的新记者了。
-John: Good. Good.
好啦。
But now I don't feel like getting out of the car.
feel like: 想要 get out of: 下车
现在我都不想下车了。
-Jenny: You have to.
你必须下车。
No, baby.
不行宝贝。
-John: Maybe we'll just drive around the block.
block: 街区
也许我们可以在这周围再兜兜风。
-Jenny: Come on, get out of the car. Get out.
得了吧,下车,下车。
-John: Now, who am I again?
好吧,再说一遍。我是谁?
-Jenny: Oh, please.
你算了吧。
-Arnie: Sebastian says you won some kind of award.
award: 奖品,奖项
Sebastian说你得过一个什么奖项。
-John: Mitchie. I have a Mitchie.
Mitchie。我得过Mitchie。
It's like a Pulitzer, but from western Michigan.
Pulitzer: 美国新闻界的最高荣誉奖
就像是western Michigan范围内的Pulitzer奖。
-Arnie: A Mitchie.
Mitchie。
So, tell me-What made you leave
estimable: 可估量的,可尊敬的
那么告诉我你为什么要离开那家出名的,
Kalamazoo Gazette?
Kalamazoo Gazette公报?
-John: Well, as you know, Sebastian and I were in
呃,Sebastian和我是大学同学,
And he was,
而且,他,他……
He was always saying how great south
他一直说south Florida很棒很棒,
and that maybe my wife and I might enjoy it here,
说我和我妻子可能会喜欢这里,
so we decided to come down here.
发布评论