伊索寓言故事之乡下的老鼠和城里的老鼠,这个故事告诉我们精神安逸比物质充裕更重要,这个故事还告诉我们城市生活与乡村生活的不同,适合自己的才是最好的。
The Country Mouse And the City Mouse 乡下老鼠和城市老鼠
The City Mouse comes to visit his old friend, the Country Mouse, who lives in the country, They have’t met for a long time, so they are very happy to see each other .
城市老鼠来拜访他的老朋友住在乡下的老鼠,他们很久没见面了,所以他们都很高兴见到对方。
The city Mouse gets off the city bus .
城市老鼠下了都市公共汽车。
Welcome , my old friend ! I am so happy to see you .
欢迎,我的老朋友!我真高兴见到你。
Hello there ,my old friend ! I missed you very much .
你好,我的老朋友!我很想你。
You must be very hungry . Let’s go to my house .I prepared two special dishes for you .
你一定很饿了,我们到我家去吧。我为你准备了两样特别的菜。
Oh thank you very much . I am very hungry .
哦,非常感谢你,我真的很饿了。
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse arrive at the Country Mouse’s tiny . old house . City Mouse looks surprised .
城市老鼠和乡下老鼠到了乡下老鼠那又小又旧的家。城市老鼠很惊讶。
My goodness ! How can you live here ? The house is so small and old .
我的天!这里你怎么住得下?这房子是这么的小和旧。
Perhaps . But it’s quiet and cozy . And I am happy here .
或许吧,但他们非常安静和舒适,而且我在这里很快乐。
Hmm . Really ? ! I can’t understand you .
嗯,真的吗?我不理解你。
Sit here . I’ll bring out the food .
坐这儿,我把事物端出来。
The Country Mouse puts the food on the table .
乡下老鼠把食物放在桌上。
Here is some lunch . Please eat .
这里有一些午餐,请用。
You must be kidding? Dry bread and corn? How can you eat such things?
你一定是在开玩笑吧!烤面包和玉米?你怎么能吃这样的东西?
Why ?They are the best foods in the country, They taste very good .
为什么?这是乡下最好的食物了。他们很好吃的。
No , thank you . I don’t like dry bread and corn . I like cakes , and cookies . Don’t you have any ?
不了,谢谢你。我不喜欢烤面包和玉米,我喜欢蛋糕和饼干。你没有吗?
What are they ? I have never tasted them . Are they delicious ?
那是什么东西?我没有尝过,好吃吗?
Of course . They are so soft , so sweet , and so very delicious .I eat them every day in the city .
当然,他们是如此的柔软、香甜和美味。我在城市里每天都吃。
Wow ? ! You are a lucky mouse ! I would like to taste them someday , too .
哇?!你是个幸运的老鼠!真希望有一天我也能尝一尝。
Please visit me anytime . I’ll show you the city . And you can eat delicious food every day .
你随时都可以来拜访我,我会带你去看看城市,而且你每天都可以吃到好吃的食物。
Really ? I can eat cakes , cookies , and sweets every day ?
真的?我可以每天吃到蛋糕、饼干和甜食?
Of course . I am so excited. Can I visit you tomorrow ?
当然。我很兴奋。我可以明天去拜访你吗?
I have a great idea !
我有个好主意。
What is it ?
什么?
Visit me today ?
今天就来拜访我?
Today ?
今天?
Yes ! Right now !
对呀!就是现在!
Right now ?
现在
Yes ! Come with me now .
对呀!现在就跟我来。
Really ?
真的?
Okay !
好哇!
Let’s go …… to the city!!!Y – a – h – o – o !
我们走吧到城市去!!!呀呼!
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse get on a bus to the city .
城市老鼠和乡下老鼠搭上了往城市去的公共汽车。
We get off here . Wow !
我们在这里下车,哇!
Look at the tall building and bright lights . The city is so beautiful
看看那高楼和明灯。城市是如此的漂亮。.
What is that ?
那是什么?
It’s a trunk . Be carefull !
那是卡车,小心!
Oh , I didn’t know .
哦,我不知道。
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse finally arrive at the City Mouse’s red brick house .
城市老鼠和乡下老鼠终于到了城市老鼠的红砖屋。
There is my house , let’s go inside .
那是我家,我们进去吧?
Wow ! Your house is so big and beautiful . You are a lucky mouse .
哇!你的家真大真漂亮。你是个幸运的老鼠。
Let’s go into the kitchen . I’m so hungry .
我们到厨房去。我很饿。
Look ! Cheese !
看!奶酪!
Stop ! Don’t touch it !
别动!不要动它!
Why not ? ! I love cheese .
为什么?我喜欢奶酪。
That is a mousetrap . If you eat the cheese , you will get trapped . Be carefull .
那是个捕鼠器,如果你吃那个奶酪,你就会被抓住的。小心。
Oh , I didn’t know .
哦,我不知道。
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse climb up to the kitchen table .
城市老鼠和乡下老鼠爬上厨房的桌子。
You eat like this every day ? There is so much food .
你每天都这样吃吗?这里有这么多的食物。
Here , try this chocolate cake.
这里,尝尝这块巧克力蛋糕。
Mmm . It’s so soft , so sweet , and so very delicious .
嗯,它很软、很甜又这么的好吃。
Try this butter cookie , too .
都市汽车再尝尝这块奶油饼干。
Yummy ! Yummy ! I want some more .
好吃!好吃!我还要吃一点。
Shh…Be quiet . I hear something .
安静,我听到什么了。
What ?
什么?
Vh – oh , it’s Old Yellow .
哦,不!那是老黄。
Who’s Old Yellow ?
谁是老黄?
It’s the master’s dog . Hide behind the cake !
它是主人的狗,躲在蛋糕后面!
Why ?
为什么?
Don’t ask questions ! Just hide !
别问了,只管躲着就是了。
Old Yellow comes in the kitchen . Grrrrr …… Old Yellow starts sniffing around the kitchen table .
老黄来到了厨房。唔老黄开始在厨房的桌子边闻味道。
( in a whisper ) Stay still !!! Don’t breathe , Don’t make a sound !
(轻声细语)不要动!不要呼吸,不要发出任何声音。
I smell mice , Come out , come out .
我闻道老鼠了,出来,出来。
Wherever you are ! Arf ! Arf ! Arf ! Old Yellow starts barking and running around the table.
不管你在哪儿!汪!汪!汪!老黄开始绕着桌子边狂叫和跑着。
I’m so afraid .
我好害怕。
Me , too , But , get ready to run !
我也是,但是准备好逃跑!