My wife used to say I’m a hard man to know.
我太太曾说我是一个很难懂的人。
Like a closed book.
像一本合起来的书。
Complained about it all the time.
她一直都在这样抱怨。
She was beautiful.
她很漂亮。
God, I loved her.
我多么爱她呀。
I just didn’t know how to show it, That’s all.
我只是不擅长表达而已。
I killed her,
是我杀了她。
I didn’t pull the trigger.
不是我开的。
But I drove her away.
但是我害她离我远去。
That’s why she died, because of me.
福特斯
是我害死她的。
The way I am.
就像我所做的那样。
That don’t make you a murderer.
但那并不意味着你是一个杀人犯。
Bad husband maybe.
也许不算一个好丈夫。
Feel bad about it if you want, but you didn’t pull the trigger.
你可以感到难过,但你不是扣动扳机的人。
No., I didn’t.
没错。
Somebody else did.
是别人干的没错。
And I wound up in here.
但最终却是我进了监狱。
Bad luck, I guess.
大概是我命薄。
It floats around.
谁都有可能。
It’s got to land on somebody.
霉运降临到某人身上。
It was my turn, that’s all.
只不过刚好轮到我而已。
I was in the path of the tornado.
我被卷入龙卷风中。
I just didn’t expect the storm would last as long as it was.
只是没想到这场风暴持续了那么久。
You think you’ll ever get out of here?
你认为会从这出去吗。
Me ? Yeah.
我吗,会啊。
One day when I got a long, white beard and two or three marbles rolling around upstairs. The like man.
要等到某一天我老态龙钟,上下楼梯要像弹珠一样滚下去才有可能吧。
I tell you where I go.
我告诉你我要去哪里。
Zihuatanejo.
芝华塔尼欧。
Say what?
哪里?
Zihuatanejo.
芝华塔尼欧。
It’s in Mexico.
在墨西哥。
A little place on the Pacific Ocean.
太平洋上的一个小地方
You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? No.
你知道墨西哥人是怎么评价太平洋的吗,不知道。
They say it has no memory.
他们说那是一个没有回忆的地方。
That’s where I want to live the rest of my life.
那是我想要度过余生的地方。
A warm place with no memory.
一个没有回忆的温暖之地。
Open up a little hotel right on the beach.
在海滩旁边开一个小旅馆。
Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up new.
买几条破船然后把它们整修一新。
Take my guests out.
载我的客人出海。
Charter fishing.
租船海钓。
Zihuatanejo.
芝华塔尼欧。
In a place like that, I could use a man that knows how to get things.