你干什么
Hey, what are you doing?
天哪
Jesus!
你看清肇事的车了吗
Did you get a good look?
只看到是辆蓝的丰田佳美
Blue Toyota Camry, it's all I saw.
是沃顿家的狗
It's the Wharton's dog.
-天哪  -他撑不了多久了
-
Oh, man. - He's not gonna make it.
去看看他们在不在家
Go see if they're at home.
没事了
It's ok.
痛苦分两种
There are two kinds of pain.
一种让你变得更强...
The sort of pain that makes
另一种毫无价值
or
只是徒添折磨
The sort of pain that's only suffering.
我对没价值的东西也没耐心
I have no patience for useless things.
这种时刻  需要有人采取行动
Moments like this require someone who
或做一些不好的事
or do the unpleasant thing,
但也是必要的事
or the necessary thing.
好了...
<
痛苦结束了
No more pain.
肇事逃逸  我很遗憾
It was a hit and run, I'm awfully sorry.
他肯定又自己跳出了庭院
He must have jumped over the fence again.
史蒂夫会就肇事车信息报案
Look, Steve's gonna file a report on the car,
他会派下属去处理
he'll put his people on it.
我们会到那个司机的
We'll track him down.
你真是光彩照人
You're stunning.
我们走吧
Shall we?
三...二...一...
.
新年快乐
Happy New Year!
当选总统  加勒特·沃克
Oh, President elected Garrett Walker.
我喜欢他吗  不
Do I like him? No.
我信任他吗  这更不是重点
Do I believe in him? That's beside the point.
任何一个能获得七千万选票的政客
Any politician that gets 70 million votes
他所象征的含义早已超过了自身
has tapped into something larger than himself,
当然也超过了我  尽管我不愿意承认
larger than even me as much as I hate to admit it.
看那胜者的笑脸  那些信任的眼神
Look at that winning smile, those trusting eyes.
我一早便跟他站在一起  并扮演了重要角
I clung to him early on, and made myself vital.
国会待了22年
After 22 years in congress
我能嗅到风头的走向
I can smell which way the wind is going.
吉米·马修斯  他的副总统
Jim Matthews, his right honorably Vice-President.
前宾夕法尼亚州州长
Former Governor of Pennsylvania.
他在争取宾州的选票上不遗余力
He did his duty in delivering the Keystone State.
上帝保佑他
Bless his heart.
现在他们打算让他退休了
And now they're about to put him out to pasture.
但他看上去挺开心的  不是吗
But he looks happy, now doesn't he?
对有些人来说  就是椅子大了点罢了
For some, it's simply the size of the chair.
琳达·瓦斯奎兹  沃克的幕僚长
Linda Vasquez, Walker's chief of staff.
是我来了她  她是个女人
I got her hired. She's a woman, check.
又是拉丁裔
And a Latina, check.
但更重要的是  她像一块廉价牛排一
样坚韧
But more important than that, she's as tough as two-dollar steak.
样样都符合标准
Check, check, check.
要入住白宫
When it comes to the White House,
不仅需要一把钥匙
you not only need the keys in your back pocket.
还需要一个看门人
You need the gatekeeper.
而我  我只是卑微的众议院多数党党鞭
As for me, I'm just a lowly house majority whip.
我维持这个被琐事
I keep things moving in a Congress
和倦怠堵塞的众议院的运转
choked by pettiness, and lassitude.
我的工作就是疏通管道  让污泥流动
My job is to clear the pipes, and keep the sludge moving.
但我这水管工要退休了  我尽了职责
But I won't have to be a plumber much longer. I've done my time.
我支持了正确的候选人
I backed the right man.
付出与索取
Give and take.
这就是华盛顿
Welcome to Washington.
你需要理发了
You need a haircut.
是吗
You think?
稍修剪一下
A little trim.
你准备穿什么
What are you gonna wear?
-参加会议吗  -正式宣布的时候
- You mean for the meeting? - For the announcement.
我准备穿海军蓝  带细条纹的那套
I'm wearing my navy blue, the one with the pinstripes.
很好
Good.
那套西服很衬你
You look handsome in that suit.
难说他们会不会在你的董事会前宣布
I don't know if they will announce it before your board meeting.
只要这笔捐款保证能拿到就行
Well, as long as I can say the donation is coming.
一正式宣布  桑科公司就会给你支票
As soon as it's official, Sancorp will write you the check.
今年对我们将会是重要的一年
This is going to be a big year for us.
哪一个委员会
Community of what?
我猜是移民  银行或者教育  但是...
I would say immigration, banking or education,
但我常规的联络人都无法确认
None of my regular sources can confirm that.
那...
<
他们是不知道  还是不愿说
They don't know, or because they're not talking?
他们不知道
Because they don't know.
继续查  挖点东西出来
Keep at it, get me something.
对不起  真抱歉  汉默施密特先生
Sorry, I'm so sorry Mr. Hammerschmidt.
我是佐伊...
<
-巴恩斯  -嗯
- Barnes - Right.
他当年也过了一年才记住你是谁吗
Did it take him a year to remember your name?
不止
Longer.
早上好  卢卡斯
Good morning, Lucas.
有什么事吗  佐伊
What can I do for you, Zoe?
我受不了费尔法克斯的郡议会了
I am sick of the Fairfax county council.
-你每天都这么说  -让我做网络报道
-
You tell me everyday. - Move me online.
让我开博客
My own blog.
第一人称  主观视角  五百字篇幅
First person, subjective, 500 words.
-没门  -我去挖掘秘密
- Not gonna happen. - I'll go underground.
幕后消息  甚至去翻夜壶
backrooms, the urinals!
去争取国会的人
I'll win over staff members on the Hill.
他们也
需要发泄
They need a place to vent.
-八卦专栏  -不是  是事实真相
- A gossip column? - No. We'll lift the veil.
现在到底怎么回事
What's really going on.
这里是《华盛顿先驱报》  佐伊
This is the Washington Herald, Zoe.
不是...名人消息网
It'TMZ.
你知道有多少人浏览名人消息网吗
Do you know how many people who watch TMZ?
我一点也不关心
I couldn't care less.
所以报刊新闻业在衰落
Which is why print journalism is dying.
那不失体面  至少这份报纸是如此
Then it will die with dignity. At least with this paper.
你还活在20世纪吧  卢卡斯
You are stuck in the 20th century, Lucas,
缺乏想象力
you lack imagination.
也许吧  但我现在不需要想象力
Maybe so, but right now I don't need imagination,
我需要素材
I need copy.
你自己的时间自己支配
Your nights and weekends are yours,
你想做什么我都没意见
I applaud whatever you want to do,
不能占用工作时间
as long as its not on my time.
-
你是让我去干活儿吗  -没错
- You're telling me to go back to work? - I am.
但你实际上是叫我
What you're really telling me is to fuck off.
两者都有
I'm telling you both.
普罗旺斯基金的查普曼先生在等你
It's Mr. Chapman already, from Provence Trust.
不要接进电话  克里斯蒂娜
Hold my calls, Christina.
亨利
Henry.
见到你真好
It's good to see you.
-到这儿几天了  -今天刚来
- How long are you in town for? - Just today.
那你一定得来看就职典礼
What? You gotta come back down for the inauguration.
我可以帮你联系一下
I can hook you up.
不如帮我联系一下
How about you hook me up with
你答应会修改的分区法吧
the zoning laws you promised to get changed?
为了一块不能建房的空地
We got 12 millions sitting in escrow
我们一千二百万被托管
for an empty lot we can't build on.
我知道  但你要明白
I know, but you
这是地方政府的问题
It's a local municipal issue.
我不能随便打个电话就...
I can't just pick up
你不能了吗
You can't?
你求我们捐款五万的时候
Because that's not what you lead us to believe
可不是这么说的
when you begged for 50 grand in donations.
嗯  我
Right, I...
稍等片刻
Just one second.
克里斯蒂娜  我说了不要转接
Christina, I said no calls,
我和查普曼先生会面时不接电话
not while I'm meeting with Mr. Chapman.
当选总统
The President-elect?
-你不介意吧  -不  接吧
- Do you mind? - No, go ahead please.
把电话接进来  克里斯蒂娜
Put him trough Christina.
当选总统先生
Mr. President-elect?
谢谢
Thank you.
海德曼电动车是的  我们很高兴以两位数优势胜出
Yes, we were pleased to win by double digits.
当然  乐意效劳
Absolutely, anything you need.
我需要你把你湿长灵活的舌头
I need you t
o put your long, wet, talented tongue
伸入我两腿之间
between my tights
让我像莫妮卡·莱温斯基那样尖...
and make me squeal like
我也是
Me too.
我也是
Me too.
好的  谢谢您  先生
Okay, thank you, sir.
非常抱歉
I'm
刚才说到哪了
where were we?
沃克
<
他什么样儿
what's he like?
当选总统迟到了吗
The President-elect running late?
不  他来不了  我会跟他汇报的
No, he couldn't make it. I'll brief him, though.
好的
Okay.
这是我起草的备忘录
This is the memo, I've drafted,
关于我们在商讨的中东政策
on our Middle East policy we've been developing.
我想借用里根的说法
Now, I want to borrow from Reagan.
造个新词  叫"滴入式外交"
I'd like to coin the phrase "Trickle-down diplomacy".
-这样  -弗兰克  我得打断你
奔驰s200报价- - Frank. I'm gonna stop you there.
我们不打算提名你为国务卿
We are not nominating you for the Secretary of State.
我知道他向你承诺过
I know, he made you a promise,
但现在情况有变
but circumstances have changed.
所谓承诺  琳达
The nature of promises, Linda,
就是不论情况如何变化也不受影响
is that they remain immune to changing cicumstances.
加勒特已经深思熟虑过了
Garrett has thought long and hard about this.
他认为我们需要你留在国会
And he's decided we need you to stay in Congress.
这是什么时候的决定
When was this decision made?
为什么我没参与商讨
And why wasn't I part of a conversation?
我很抱歉  弗兰克  如果由我决定
青岛丰田I'm sorry, Frank, if it been up to me,
我也不会等到现在才告诉你
I wouldn't have waited this long to tell you.
那你早就知道要这么做
So you knew, you were going to do this.
我们的确谈了很久
It has been an evolving discussion.
这就是懦夫的做法
It's a chicken-shit move.
-弗兰克  -我都做过审查了
- - I was vetted.
-那都是晃我吗  -不是的
- Was that a ruse? - No.
我们打开天窗说亮话
Let's be absolutely clear,
没有我  你们赢不了
you wouldn't have won without me.
你说的没错  但我们现在执政了
You're right, but now we have to lead.
所以得做出艰难的决定
And that means making tough choices.
你知道  教育一直是我们的重中之重
As you know, education is a top priority for us.
要进行彻底的改革
A complete federal overhaul.
但不仅仅是教育  弗兰克
But it's not just the education, Frank,
国会已经分裂了
Congress has split.
我们更需要你待在国会  而不是国务院
We need you there, more than we need you in the State Department.
是我你来的  琳达
I got you hired, Linda.
我知道
I know.
捐款  拉票
Donations, endorsements.
我为竞选写了整套外交纲领
I wrote the campaign's entire foreign policy platform.
我把外事委员会多年来...
I
bring years of Foreign
弗兰克
Frank.
请别这样
Please.
我要单独和沃克谈
I want to speak to Walker personally.
已经决定了
The decision is made.
我们需要你  弗兰克
We need you, Frank.
你会支持我们吗
Will you stand beside us or not?
当然了  如果这是总统所愿
Of course, if that's what the President wants.
很高兴听到这话
I'm very glad to hear that.
我很好奇
I'm curious.
你们选了谁
If not me then who?
迈克尔·科恩
Michael Kern.
迈克尔·科恩
Michael Kern?
<
真是绝妙的选择
that is an excellent choice.
净水企划
这样清楚吗
Do you think it'll look clear?
我可不想让这看着像
I just want to make sure it doesn't look like
我们在忽略国内...
we're neglecting
不不不  我会说
No, no, no, no... I'm gonna say
-我们在拓展业务  -好的
-
that we are expanding our mission. - Okay.
我们会启用新的组织帮助我们
And we're bringing on a new organization to help us.
决定好用哪家了吗
They know which one yet?
我还在定夺  但是
I'm still looking into a few options, but, um...
告诉我  我们之前说定
Tell me, what did we agree on
要招几个新人  六个吗
坡道定点停车和起步技巧
that we could hire how many new people. Six?汽车彩贴
六七个吧
Six, maybe seven.
人手足够的
We'll have enough.
真激动人心啊
Ooh, it's exciting. Huh?
向着新方向前进
This, uh, new direction we're heading.
我只是不知道要怎么安置那些人
I just don't know where we're gonna fit all the people.
你觉得我们地方不够用吗
Well, do you think we'll have to look into additional space?
不不  我会想办法
No, no. I'll find a way.
好  去修改PPT
Okay, so make the changes to the power point.
-两点半开会  -好的
- And let's meet again, at 2:30. - Okay.
是我
It's me.
我像傻子一样给你留言  打给我
I feel like an idiot leaving messages like this. Call me back.
华盛顿先驱报
什么事  佐伊
What is it, Zoe?
我知道你会
Um, I knew you're gonna
忙白宫的新闻  所以
have your hands full at the White House. So,...
如果你需要谁来做调查  或者
If you need someone to do research, or...
-写背景资料  -我没问题
- Or punch out background. - I think I'll be fine.
如果实在忙不过来  需要帮助的话...
Well, if things get hectic, and you need
你好写博客说跟大人物打过交道了吗
So you can blog about rubbing shoulders with the big boys.
卢卡斯跟你说了什么
< What did Lucas tell you?
无意冒犯  佐伊
Look, no offence, Zoey,
但我没时间教菜鸟
But I don't have time to be anyone's training wheels.
我只是想
I
我只想帮帮你
No, I was just actually offering to lend a hand.
-仅此而已  -知道了
- That's it. - I got it.
谢谢
Thanks.
赛拉图车克莱尔  你在哪
-卡莱尔  -你没回电话
- Claire. -